|COLONEL MARY F. OBRIEN|
Colonel Mary F. O'Brien is Vice Commander of the Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas, with duty location at Fort George G. Meade, Maryland. The AF ISR Agency organizes, trains, equips and presents assigned forces and capabilities to conduct ISR for combatant commanders and the nation. The agency implements and oversees execution of Air Force policy and guidance to expand ISR capabilities to meet current and future challenges. More than 19,000 AF ISR Agency personnel worldwide provide flexible collection, analysis, weapons monitoring and operational intelligence to joint warfighters and national agencies.
Colonel O'Brien entered the Air Force after graduating from the United States Air Force Academy in 1989. She served as a squadron, group and wing commander. Her tours outside of the intelligence field include serving as a legislative fellow on Capital Hill and in Secretary of the Air Force Office of Legislative Liaison.
1989 Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1994 Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1997 Master of Arts in Organizational Management, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
1999 Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Correspondence
2000 National Defense Fellow, Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C.
2005 Master of Strategic Studies, with highest academic distinction, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 National Security Studies, Elliott School of International Affairs, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2012 Senior Executive Fellow, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1. July 1989 - February 1990, Student, 3490th Technical Training Group, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2. February 1990 - November 1992, Combat Intelligence, 7th Bomb Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
3. November 1992 - March 1994, Chief, Intelligence Flight, 2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
4. March 1994 - July 1995, Analyst, 608th Air Intelligence Squadron, 8th Air Force, Barksdale AFB, La.
5. July 1995 - June 1997, Air Force Intern, Reconnaissance Operations Division, Operations Directorate (J-3), Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.
6. June 1997 - July 1998, Executive Officer, 607th Air Intelligence Group, 7th Air Force, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
7. July 1998 - October 1999, GDIP Program Element Monitor, Resources Division, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
8. October 1999 - October 2000 Legislative Fellow, Office of Congressman Ike Skelton, Washington, D.C.
9. October 2000 - July 2002 Chief, Congressional Inquiries Branch, Secretary of the Air Force Legislative Liaison, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
10. July 2002 - July 2004, Commander, 22nd Intelligence Squadron, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
11. July 2004 - July 2005, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12.July 2005 - June 2008 Project Officer, Intelligence Assessments & Doctrine Division, later Chief, Future Capabilities Division, Intelligence Directorate (J-2), Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.
13. June 2008 - July 2010 Commander, 691st Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Group, Royal Air Force Menwith Hill Station, United Kingdom
14. August 2010 - June 2011, Director of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
15. June 2011 - July 2013, Commander, 70th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
16. July 2013 - present, Vice Commander, Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas, with duty at Fort George G. Meade, Md.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with 4 oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with "V" device
Kosovo Campaign Medal
Global War on terrorism Service Medal
Korea Defense Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1989
First Lieutenant May 31, 1991
Captain May 31, 1993
Major July 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2002
Colonel Aug. 1, 2007
(Current as of July 2013)